During the Week of discovering European Cemeteries 2015, 12 interesting guided tours will take place at Verano Monumental Cemetery (Rome, Italy).
On the occasion of the Week of Discovering European Cemeteries 2015 organized by ASCE-Association of Significant Cemeteries in Europe, AMA-Cimiteri Capitolini hold several Guided Tours to help you explore the Verano Monumental Cemetery in Rome. Find events that match your interests, and plan your time during the Week of discovering European Cemeteries in Rome.
A Stroll through Memories12 guided tours will take place at the Verano Monumental Cemetery of Rome. The tours, which are free of charge, follow 8 different cultural routes. They are held on foot and each tour lasts for an average of 2 hours. They are led by specialised guides and are audio-assisted, using microphones and headsets. Each visit is designed for groups of 30 people at the most, and can be taken at 3 different times of day – 10 am, 12 noon and 3 pm. The meeting point is at the “Guided Tours Info Point”, within cemetery, next to the main entrance, in Verano’s Square.
Further informations on the website www.cimitericapitolini.it.
- May 23th – 10.00 am The Monuments of the Verano Cemetery. An open-air museum
- May 23th – 12.00 am Women in XIX and XX century
- May 23th – 3.00 pm The city of Verano Cemetery. Three generations of architects and urban planners
- May 24th – 10.00 am The Monuments of the Verano Cemetery. An open-air museum
- May 24th – 12.00 am Decorative and applied arts. The birth of a modern culture in Rome
- May 24th – 3.00 pm Men and Women of Letters at the Verano Cemetery
- May 30th – 10.00 am Rome and the stories on cinema
- May 30th – 12.00 am Memories of those who made Italy as a nation
- May 30th – 3.00 pm Faces and Memories of Rome
- May 31th – 10.00 am Rome and the stories on cinema
- May 31th – 12.00 am Decorative and applied arts. The birth of a modern culture in Rome
- May 31th – 3.00 pm The Monuments of the Verano Cemetery. An open-air museum