From Friday 27th of May to Sunday 5th of June, the Monumental Cemetery of Verano in Rome will host a series of cultural evends and exclusively open the doors of the Documentation centre.
To celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the birth of Italian Republic the organisation "Roma Capitale - Sovrintendenza Capitolina ai Beni Culturali", has organized the following events:
27. May - 5. June
Exclusive opening of the Documentaton Centre of Historical Cemeteries, at the monumental Cemetery of Verano entrance, with the presentation of a new projection of images of monuments and celebration of Italian patriots.
1. June at 15:30 and 5. June at 10:30
Guided tours at the center of Documentation of Historical Cemeteries. The two tours will be free and will not need a booking.
In the Documentation Centre you will be able to view:
- Computerized catalog of the culture, history and art of the Verano Cemetery
- Films on anti-aircraft protection of important monuments and works of art and the bombing of 19.7.1943, testimonies of the bombing of St. Lorenzo by local residents
- Educational materials with projections on urban themes, art, iconography, history,...
- Photographic reproductions of the early 20th century drawn by the architect Corrado Cianferoni
- Photographic exhibition of Anna Forcella
- Materials related to the complex of the Cemetery of Verano
- And much more...
U.O. Monumenti di Roma
telephone: 06 6710 2967/5951/5953