The Eastern Cemetery was built according to the plans of Eduard Klingler between 1912 and 1913.
In November 1915 new burial grounds for fallen soldiers were built beyond the cemetery walls to the south and west, and in 1930 these were integrated into the Eastern Cemetery in Pradl.
In 1985 the cemetery was expanded generously towards the southwest with a new sector (Eastern Cemetery 2). The consecration hall is decorated with Nazarene paintings and a painted coffered ceiling.
The soldiers' chapel, which is located in the south of the cemetery, was built in 1916 according to the plans of Theodor Prachensky.
- Tomb of the Lonely
- Muslim fields
- children`s field memorial
- welfare memorial
- memorial to the persons who donated their bodies to the anatomy institute
Today, Eastern Cemetery covers an area of approximately 67,700 m2.
Kaufmannstraße 1 (old part)
Wiesengasse 100 (new part)
Cemetery opening hours
November till February: 7.30-17.00
March till October: 7.30-18.00
April till September: 7.30-19:00
View Eastern Cemetery Innsbruck in a larger map.